Developer: Hi-Rez Studios
Publisher: Hi-Rez Studios
Release Date: 28 Jun 2012
Languages: English*, German, Russian, Portuguese
*languages with full audio support
About the GameTribes: Ascend is the world’s fastest shooter - a high-adrenaline, online multiplayer FPS with jetpacks, skiing, vehicles, and multiple classes. The classic shooter franchise Tribes has been played by well over 1 million people. With Tribes: Ascend, the franchise is reborn – fast-paced, vertical, acrobatic combat combined with class-based teamwork and stunning sci-fi visuals.
- Skiing: A slow soldier is a dead soldier. By holding down space bar you remove friction and build momentum to traverse large maps, hunt down targets, and escape enemy territory at intense speeds.
- Jetpacks: Total freedom of movement and aerial, dog-fight like combat.
- Class-Based Combat: Unlock up to twelve distinct classes, each with unique weapon loadouts and abilities.
- Player Progression: As you play a class you gain experience which is used to unlock class-specific skills and perks. You can also share the xp gained while playing a favorite class to progress other classes.
- Escalating Intensity: In each match you earn credits for shooting down enemies or supporting your team’s objectives. Use these match credits to upgrade base defenses, access vehicles, or call-in tactical strikes. The longer you play, the more chaotic the match becomes.
- Vehicles: Pilot the powerful Beowulf tank, the speedy two-person Grav Cycle or the versatile flying Shrike.
- Beautiful, Massive Battlefields: Wage war in a variety of open environments including frozen wastelands, sprawling cities, and jagged mountains.
- Don’t Fight Alone: Friend-list allows you to link up with others and establish supremacy online
- Free To Play... but not pay to win: All items affecting game play can be earned by playing the game itself. Players can purchase optional Tribes Gold to unlock classes more quickly and/or skills more quickly. Players will also be able to purchase cosmetic skins with Tribes Gold.
- Spectator Mode: Highly-detailed spectator mode allows you to zoom in on your favorite players, view player data, and switch between action hot spots on the fly.
PC System Requirements
- OS: Windows XP SP2, Windows Vista or Windows 7
- Processor: Core 2 Duo 2.4 GHz or Althon X2 2.7 GHz
- Memory: 2GB (XP), 3GB (Vista, Win7)
- Hard Disk Space: 10 GB free
- Video Card: ATI or Nvidia graphics card with 512MB video ram or better and Shader Model 3.0+ support. (ATI Radeon 3870 or higher, Nvidia GeForce 8800 GT or higher).
- DirectX®: 9.0c
- Sound: DirectX compatible sound card
- OS: Windows 7 64-bit
- Processor: Quad-core Intel or AMD CPU
- Memory: 4GB
- Video Card: ATI or Nvidia graphics card with 1GB video ram or better and Shader Model 3.0+ support (Nvidia GeForce GTX 560+ or ATI Radeon 6950+).